(NE Corner of Central & Pierce, 3 blocks south of Roosevelt)
The Downtown Phoenix Public Market is a gathering place that celebrates community, local culture, neighborhoods & neighbors, local products and, most of all, efficient and sustainable commerce. The Downtown Phoenix Farmers Market is a program of Community Food Connections, a non-profit organization, that works for the revitalization and economic development of downtown Phoenix by showcasing local, small-scale agriculture, local artists and their crafts. Everything at the Downtown Phoenix Public Market is grown or made by the person selling it. A limited amount of produce is transported by the farmer from other Arizona farms. Visitors and customers are invited to talk to the vendors about where their produce comes from and growing practices.
4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Tuesday – Friday
11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Parking: Free parking on lot and metered street parking available.
For Sale: The Downtown Phoenix Farmers Market offers an eclectic high-quality mix of fresh, seasonal produce (fruits, vegetables, flowers, live plants), local goods (free-range eggs, jams, baked goods, honey), local arts (music, paintings, crafts), as well as food and eats (prepared foods, ready-to-eat food, coffee)
Payment Accepted: Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Food Stamps, and AZ Farmers Market Nutrition Program (AZ FMNP) checks
[flashvideo file=media/downtownphoenixmarket.mp4 width=480 height=322 /]
The Downtown Phoenix Public Market Intends to:
* Create new and alternative outlets for Arizona growers and producers.
* Expand access to nutritious and locally produced foods for low-income children and adults.
* Bring new destinations and neighborhood retail and expanded pedestrian linkages.
* Meet escalating consumer demands for fresh and locally-produced foods.
* Create jobs and revitalize the community hub for residents.
* Leverage resources for community, food and business organizations.
* Return the market area to its role as a distribution arena for Arizona business.
A Day at the Market – A time lapse video from the heights of the Westward Ho by John McIntosh.
[flashvideo file=media/downtown-phoenix-farmers-market.mp4 width=480 height=322 /]